A bittersweet Affair

Congratulations to the Winners of the    

               Academy Awards 2021!



Sir Anthony Hopkins made me cry, which was calming and comforting, after having lost so many. 
It is therapeutic to let go of the tears. 
The Ensemble in "The Father" acts brilliantly. 
Set design, lighting, sound editing, wardrobe, furniture etc. work as if Alfred Hitchcock, Roman Polanski, Brian dePalma were involved.
My emotional reaction is equal to experiencing David Bowie, David Lynch, Elvis Presley, DMX or consuming the  "Hamilton" Performance Stream.

"Promising Young Woman" disturbed me to the core & reminded me of Roald Dahl's oeuvre. 
While #Stillwaiting impatiently for #Notimetodie, expectations were not exactly "Sky High" at a time, when a lot of work is being screened on a telephone instead of a THX equipped Imax Mega Screen. 
Do Politics, Status, Gender, Sexual Preferences, Origin sell tickets #Zeitgeist & is being a #Goldmember of the Mile High Club like 007, so #1968 ?
 
Meeting Sir Anthony Hopkins for "Fracture" 2007 at the Four Seasons Hotel was a nice addition to having had Martinis with Omar Sharif #Madrid while "watching Girls go by" or hanging out with Pelé #Bloomberg.

The Oscar Winner gave his Co Stars the Stage & chatted about his Hobbies. 
I thought then, Hopkins would focus more on painting, but many great Acting parts follow. I adore him #Westworld. 

The "Silence of the Lambs" Star shared during press for "Fracture": 

"My weak Spot is laziness. Oh I have a lot of weak Spots, Cookies, Croissants. My wife is always lecturing me about this. I tend to put it all down as habit or it is just acting. People ask me how did you choose the part and how did you prepare for this work? I say I just learned the lines and showed up. She says you shouldn’t say that. But I don’t know what else to say because that’s all I know how to do. My weak spot is that I don’t like analyzing, so I tend to be a bit lazy. I tend to get bored quickly, which means I must be boring." 



 
Image courtesy of  Sean Gleason / Sony Pictures Classics


Doing scenes with Sacha Baron Cohen had been great fun & his work sweetened many days & dates as well as seeing Ricky Gervais live or host #GoldenGlobes.

I still would love to see Kevin Hart or Dave Chappelle host the Oscars.

Maybe with Chuck Norris as a Side Kick?

I yet have to listen to Woody Allen play Sax & want to get the chills again with "Tenant", "Rosemary's Baby" or get #Frantic in Paris. 

Maybe with Chuck Norris as a Side Kick?

In Cannes a Croatian Film Expert once said to me, dubbing Humphrey Bogart takes away from his Acting. 

I purchased "1984" and "Animal Farm" years ago again, to avoid having to resort to a rewrite. 

Originality (Authenticity) kissed & ummantelt, but not altered by the Zeitgeist or Changing Times would be my order off the menue. 

Update the cover, but not the content of a book & let the voice and creative mind speak for itself, maybe ?

I feel at a time, where music, culture, education & art already lost so many great souls, it is bitter sweet to celebrate, salute & morn...

Barbara Shelley, Milva, Kirk Douglas, Max von Sydow, Eddie Van Halen, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Sean Connery, Kobe Bryant, Naya Rivera, Chadwick Boseman, Rocky Johnson, Jim Steinman, Black Rob (Robert Ross), DMX, Caroline Flack, Larry King, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Christopher Plummer, Tanya Roberts, Harry Brant, Jahmil French, Chick Corea, Dustin Diamond, Siegfried Fischbacher, Song Yoo-jung, Gregory Sierra, Willi Herren




Please add whom we have forgotten. Celebrate humanity, diversity & the full #spectre of the rainbow. 

There are at least 8.7 million different species #Spaceship #Earth - Onward & Upward, #Godspeed. 

For a complete list of #2021 Academy Award Winners:

Complete list of Academy Award Winners courtesy of the Guardian

Shop Oscars Merch




Comments

  1. Congratulations to Frances McDormand are in order !
    We have her on our radar since "Fargo". Love her work. Seeing Nomadland reminded us a bit of Marc David Maron's show. Chapeau also for Chloé Zhao. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts